May 2012 – Present |Hale, Altringham
Fashion and print designer for Formark who are an established jerseywear supplier for high street brands. Sole fashion and print designer working on ASOS, Topshop & BHS Jersey wear accounts. I also work on Dorothy Perkins & Evans accounts.
• Creating original print designs through research, strong drawing skills and CAD designs. Using my understanding of print processes to ensure high quality and cost efficient prints are achieved.
• Being able to create all different types of prints such as conversationals, repeats, motifs, slogans and photographic, then combine with flat sketches to send to the buyer.
• Re-colouring and developing prints into all-over repeats.
• Examining sample garments on and off models, then modifying to achieve desired look.
•Creating technical packages: assemble technical packages with sketch, print, fabric information, trim information.
• Attending and participating in meetings with buyers to develop the garments.
• Liaising with buyers on development and follow-up.
• Working with factories in Europe, Far East and Bangladesh, making sure designs are understood and garments meet both design and quality requirements.
• Comparative market shopping and trend research in London, Europe & America - sourcing new shapes, fabric and print designs.
Freelance Print Designer
August 2011 – January 2014 |Warrington, United Kingdom
Freelance print designer collaborating with artist in New York creating designs to compliment Collecting Colours latest collections.
I have also recently sold a print to GAP Baby In America.
Freelance Print Designer for H by Henry Holland at Debenhams
January 2012 – February 2012
H by Henry Holland at Debenhams
Freelance Designer, fashion, January 2012
- Creating designs to compliment latest collections on freelance basis.
Work Placement / Assistant Print Designer
October 2011 – November 2011|London
Three weeks Work Placement, Womenswear, October 2011 - London
- Re-colouring and re-drawing artwork working with multi brands such as Jasper Conran, Henry Holland, Ben de Lisi , Maine and Casual Collections.
- Re-working prints in predetermined colour ways and scales.
• Creating placement and embellishment prints using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Creating repeat patterns of artwork and separating into layers as required
•Gained commercial awareness of the printing process and re-worked artwork in line with cost limitations.
• Matching CAD colour with Pantone colours for communication to suppliers.
Work Placement - Zandra Rhodes
July 2011 – August 2011 |London, United Kingdom
Three weeks Work Placement, Womenswear, July 2011 - London
- Assisting with the print development for Zandra’s collaboration with Disney.
• Assisting in the preparation of Zandra’s collection for Pure fashion show.
• Working closly with Zandra and members of her creative team.
Scouted by Abercrombie & Fitch to complete a project.
Abercrombie & Fitch February 2012 – February 2012 Abercrombie & Fitch - Womenswear Print and appral, Febuary 2012 - A live project designing A/W collection for Abercrombie & Fitch, short listed from New Designers to present ideas to their Talent Team.
I was selected to exhibit my work at New Designers in London 2011 where I enjoyed networking and creating contacts. From this I later completed a live project designing A/W collection for Abercrombie & Fitch Talent Team.